Monday, 27 July 2009

Split personality

The old saying goes "You are not mad if you talk to yourself it is only a concern if you answer yourself back" Well over the weekend I had just that experience but it didn't necessairly mean I am crazy. My DH has a major project for work where he is filming an interview and he wanted to do a practice run. The way the interview will work is that he will film someone asking the questions then an hour later he films the other person answering them. So in the end he edits together to seem like they were in the same room together at the same time. The only problem was for the practice run I was the only one there for it. So you guessed it I had to ask my self questions and he filmed it and then I answered my own questions. If you are confused, I don't blame you, try interviewing yourself. It does ponder the questions if interviewing one self what would you ask. The questions had to open ended so I had to think about this carefully. The interview went something like this-:

Questions:-

Well Miffany you have just recently completed reading a novel. can you tell me what is it is called and a brief synopsis of the plot?

I hear you are fan of Supernatural can you tell me what you find so exciting about this show?

I can see you have a new kitchen what is it like?

You are cooking Beef Bourguignon and cheese dumplings tonight. What is the recipe? Is it complex to make?


5 minute break change of top and lighting all arranged again.

Answers-:

Yes you are right I have just recently finished a novel it is called Bumps. It is about a woman who's boyfriend cheats on her with her best friend and he leaves with her and they get married. After he leaves the heroine discovers she is pregnant and she vows to make sure that she can have it all, Career, motherhood and even a love life. It goes through the trial and tribulations of being pregnant and motherhood.

What is there not to like about Supernatural it has two good looking guys fighting evil and looking hot doing it. They fight vampires, ghouls, shape shifters, demons and angels the whole shebang. Even though Sam is turning evil, although he still is damn sexy, evil can still be sexy don't you think?

Oh yes we have just installed a new kitchen we have beautiful rosewood cupboards, black granite benches, aqua glass splash backs and new stainless steel appliances. Although I had to wait for six months for drawers it has all been worth it.

Dinner tonight is indeed Beef Bourguignon and cheese dumplings. It is a complex dish with many ingredients. You start off by frying onions, garlic and bacon then frying the beef. Add it all back to the pan and slowly add red wine and stock then add vegetables. Let it get to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Once simmered put in a casserole dish and cook in oven for 2 hours. In the meantime make the cheese dumplings which are made out of flour, butter, cous cous it should of been polenta but I had to substitute and cheese rolled in to balls. After 2 hours add mushrooms and dumplings with a sprinkle of Parmesan on top and cook for a further 20 minutes. Although complex in the end it will be delicious.

My DH edited the video it was very good it looked seamless and it was disconcerting to see myself asking myself questions and answering them. If given the chance if you were to interview yourself what would you ask?

I have learned two things from this and they are my left side looks better then my right and that I am not crazy just a little unwell.








No comments:

Post a Comment