Friday, 1 May 2009

Trusting the universe


If you are like me you have complete faith in the universe that everything will work out and there is no need try to plan your life to the last detail. When I was growing up my step sister said " I am going to marry at 25 and have my first child at 27 then the second one at 29." I thought that this was ridiculous you can't plan your life like that what if you can't find the right guy have trouble conceiving or you simply decide that children are not for you all these plans would simply not work. Life never works out the way you want there is no point laying down these plans that will inevitably go astray. So I have lived my life with trusting the universe. When I met my husband I was all of 18 and I thought that he was a bad boy, that rode a motorbike that my parents would disapprove of. It was not to be a long term thing it was a bit fun as I was 18 after all. The universe had other ideas and he turned out to be the perfect guy that your parents can only hope you will marry. Marry him I did and we have been together for 16 years and married for nine this year. I have also adapted this to other areas of my life. I never set out to have a particular vocation in life I just happened to fall into the ones I have had and discovered I am really quite good at them. If I was to pick what I wanted to do with my life they would be exactly what I wanted to do. I have friends that plan everything from what their vocation was going to be, knew from an early age. They plan when they will buy or build their houses and I just decide one day we need a bigger house and start packing my things to move in with my dad until we sell and buy another house. This process took 3 months from moving in with dad to moving into the new house. I know a lot of people would not be able to rely on the unknown and they need to feel like they are in control of their life's but I am simply not one of them. A major change was going to happen at work a couple of years ago and my colleague said to me "What if this change turns out to be the worse thing to happen". My retort was " I am not worried I am like a cat I always land on my feet." In case you are wondering indeed I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment