Saturday, 25 April 2009

ANZAC day

ANZAC day signfies a lot of things the start of winter, a day to remember the fallen, a day to reflect on what those young men were protecting. Everyone calls Australia the lucky country and it is. We have freedom to be who we want to be. We have the right to vote, freedom of speech and freedom of print. If these young men didn't protect our fundmental freedoms we wouldn't be the lucky country and have all the things we take for granted. It is wonderful to see the all the young people who travel to ANZAC cove to pay their respects & reflect on what those men did all those years ago impacts on their young lives. I watch the dawn service on ANZAC cove and I found it very moving especially when our national anthem was played. Although it always brings tears to my eyes because our national anthem stands for what I have in life and reminds me that I live in the best country in the world. Given the choice I wouldn't live anywhere else. Call me patrotic but I hope that every other Australian reflects on what today means and that it is not just another hoilday.

No comments:

Post a Comment